Looking for help with this pattern

O.k., I’m making a baby sweater and I need help with this part. I’m on the sleeves and here is what the pattern says exactly:

[b]Cast on 33 sts. Work 1 1/2" in (K1, P1) ribbing as given for Back ending on a 2nd row and inc. 12 sts. evenly across last row. 45 stiches. I’m fine up to here and then I get stuck on the following:

[color=red]Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st inc 1 st each end of needle on 5TH AND FOLLOWING 4TH ROWS TO 61 STS. [/color]

Cont. even until work from beg measures 6", ending with RS for next row. [/b]

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. :smiley:

Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st inc 1 st each end of needle on 5TH AND FOLLOWING 4TH ROWS TO 61 STS.

I’m assuming you’re having a problem with the increase part, right?

It looks to me as though you’d probably increase with a m1 (make one) at the beginning and end of the 5th row. I think you would do another increase 4 rows later (so on the 9th row) and continue to increase every 4 rows until you’ve got 61 sts.

Yes, that’s the part I’m having a problem with. I wish it was more clear then the way it’s written. I have the cuff done but it’s that dang increase that’s got me confused. I just wish it flat out said which rows to increase on.

I need to increase 16 stiches in total (from 45 stiches to 61 stitches) so I think you are correct. Wish me luck! ha ha ha

Oh, and thanks for the reply. :wink:

:XX: