Looking for general sock advice/help

I just got my new yarn for my hubbies socks Trekking XXL it’s nice. But I am not sure about the needle size. I’m making socks for a size 13 shoe , the label says 2-3mm?? so is that mean in US sizes o-3?

Hubby wants a long ribbed cuff, about 8-9 inches then just the basic sock pattern done. This will only be my third pair of socks I’ve made so far.

I want to try the circular so bad with these but I don’t know about the yarn it’s self. It’s 75%new wool ,25% nylon now is that fingerweight,superfine? it feels very light to the touch. Someone said that if it’s to fine you can’t work it on circulars.

In “Getting Started Knitting Socks” on page19 it shows how to do One Long Circular needle. Do you do the cuff on the circulars as well?(working cuff down)

I was looking at the Basic Sock Chart too, but I don’t understand what I should be putting in the blanks on the Instructions For Basic Sock Chart.
[COLOR=#810081]files.meetup.com/355706/Basic%20Sock%20Cha[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#810081]rt.pdf[/COLOR]

I think I could follow the chart if someone could help me fill in the blanks. Like ,turing the heel, on row 1 do I p 19 and row 2 ,k5 assuming I co 68 sts?

I’m sure once I have followed the chart I’ll better understand it. but just looking at it is some what confusing at first glance.

Who said that? :?? I used two, size one circs for my socks made with Trekking XXL. ML would work, too.

In “Getting Started Knitting Socks” on page19 it shows how to do One Long Circular needle. Do you do the cuff on the circulars as well?(working cuff down)

Yes, you do the entire sock with the same method you choose.

I was looking at the Basic Sock Chart too, but I don’t understand what I should be putting in the blanks on the Instructions For Basic Sock Chart.
[COLOR=#810081]files.meetup.com/355706/Basic%20Sock%20Cha[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#810081]rt.pdf[/COLOR]

It looks like you just fill in the blanks from the chart above it. Once you do that it should be clear.

Here’s a needle conversion chart -
http://www.yarnfwd.com/needleconv.html

I would use no larger than a size two needle. A more tightly knit sock lasts longer and is more comfortable to wear.

Sorry for the Caps, on the title. I am not trying to yell , I didn’t realize my caps was locked and I can’t edit the title once I entered it.

I was going to PM you about it, but thought it might have been a mistake since you don’t usually do that. :wink: To edit the title just click advanced edit after you click edit the first time. :wink:

Bless you Jan . I did not know that. I wish the other forums that I am on had that option.