Lionel Lamb - Wool Couture pattern

Hello! I’m new to this blog. I used to knit many, many years ago and have recently been bought the above as a gift. I am really struggling with the pattern and have only got to line 3 and I’m stuck!

Added the abbreviations and start of the pattern (photos). Can anyone help me understand line 3 onwards?!

Hi and welcome!
Adorable pattern. Row 3 is the problem?
Row 3 KFB, (MB, k1b) 5 times, KFB. (14sts)

Work a knit front and back. The repeat is (make bobble, knit into the back of the next stitch) repeat the directions in parentheses or brackets 5 times. So that would be:
knit front and back into one stitch
(make bobble, knit into the back of the next stitch)
end the row with knit front and back.
You’ll have 14sts when you finish the row.

Was that your question? One request: we can’t post large portions of patterns due to designer copyright. Would you please delete the 3rd photo from your post. Use the pencil icon in the lower right of the post to edit. Photos 1 and 2 are fine.

Thank you so much for your reply - yes that is helpful. I’ve deleted the photos (sorry about that) totally understand why. Thanks again - fingers crossed I get back into knitting!

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be back to knitting in no time. This is such a sweet pattern that should be fun to work. We’d love to see a photo when you finish.

I thought you might like to meet Lionel….

3 Likes

Very pleased to meet Lionel. He could not have turned out any better or more sheepy. Well done!

He looks so friendly!

He is gorgeous – you did such a great job!