Lidl jumper pattern - need help!

Hello, I’m knitting a jumper from wool I got from lidl with the pattern provided. I am on the sleeve and I just can’t work out the pattern. It just doesn’t seem to add up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ps, I’m making the small size :slight_smile:

Sleeves: Cast on 42(45/48) stitches + 2 edge stitches = 44(47/50) stitches with size 6-7 needle, work in pattern sequence. In the following 4th row Inc 0(1/1) × 1 stitch = 44(48/51) stitches. For the sleeve slant in the following 4th row Inc 1×1 stitch at both ends, then every 8th row 3×1 stitch and every 6th row 4×1 stitch (in the following 8th row 1×1 stitch and every 6th row 7×1 stitch/every 10th row 5×1 stitch) = 60(66/73) stitches. At 30cm = 61 rows total height BO all sts. Work the second sleeve likewise.

Sleeve pattern sequence: 3 rows garter stitch, beginning with a wrong side row, 16 rows reverse stocking stitch, 2 rows long stitches, 18 rows reverse stocking stitch, 2 rows long stitches, reverse stocking stitch remaining rows.

Long stitches: Row 1 (right side): edge stitch, 2 yarn over *knit 1, 2 yarn over, keep repeating from *, edge stitch. Row 2 (wrong side): purl all dropping and stretching all yo from the previous row.

I’m not sure of the 8th row, 6th row bit, as what I’m doing doesn’t add up to 61 rows :slight_smile:

Welcome to KH!
The given sequence of rows adds up to 41 rows plus the remainder in reverse stockinette so that should take you to 61 rows. It’s really the measurement that’s more critical. Is 30cm the length that you want for the sleeve?
As far as the spacing of the increases, which size are you making?

Well I wasn’t sure if the increases started from the start of the sleeve or from when the pattern sequence finished at row 41 :confused: I’m making the smallest size :slight_smile: and yes I quite like the shorter sleeve length of 30cm

Start the increases from the beginning on the sleeve:
4th row Inc 1×1 stitch at both ends, then every 8th row 3×1 stitch and every 6th row 4×1 stitch
So that would be an increase at [I]each[/I] end on rows 4 and then 12,20 and 28, then 34,40,46 and 52. That’s 8 increase rows, 16sts increased and that’ll take you from 44 to 60 sts.
Happy knitting. Love to see a photo when you finish.

Ah I get it now, thank you so much! I have been knitting for years but usually teddies and animals and this is one of my first jumpers. I had never come across the 3×1 and 4×1 row increases before. I thought I was going mad! Thanks again and I’ll try and remember to post a picture :slight_smile: