Left side V columns right before purl stiches look awful!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in any online forum ever, so if I do something wrong please forgive me.

I would like to know if any of you know why the left side of my V columns before purl stiches look this way? I am attaching a picture for you to understand what I am talking about. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome!

Many people have a bit of a problem when they switch from one stitch to another. The only thing I can suggest is to pay attention when you make the next stitch to make sure it’s nice and tight and that your needles are close together.

Here’s something that has helped me A LOT! Hope it helps you too.
http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/2004/12/a_bit_of_braggi.html

knitqueen - thanks so much for posting that link! i think that’s going to help me tremendously! that’s what i :heart: about knitting, i’m always learning something:)

It worked!!!
I am so happy! Thank you so much knitqueen :wink:

Thank you Ingrid, making those stiches nice and tight does help a little also.

I am in love with this website. It is awsome! :inlove:

:cheering:

It’s nice with a community this large that someone is bound to have the answer, pretty close to all the time. I am so glad that link helped you out! :smiley:

I love Nona’s blog…such great info :smiley:

This is the best way to make ribbing! I recently showed my new knitting group how to do this and I’m excited to see the finished result. I showed them my ribbing made this way and that convinced a couple to give it a shot.