Or should I say, Learning the hard way! OK, so a while back I started on the Chloe cardigan that I was so afraid to start. After a few rows, I realized the Knitpicks metal needles are way too slick for the cotton yarn and I was really struggling just with holding onto it. So I laid it aside for a while. I didn’t have the same size needles in Knitpicks Harmony, and ordered a set in the size I thought I needed. While waiting for them to arrive, I decided to start on this baby blanket (no babies here!), just because I like the pattern and wanted practical experience with cables, before going back to the Chloe cardigan.
Oh boy, what a learning experience this blanket has been! Just the other night, after roughly 10 inches completed, I realized I was one stitch short for the pattern repeat. Finally found the reason, a dropped stitch! No idea how that happened! I was able to retrieve it but not able to properly fix it without ripping out a bit as the dropped stitch was within a cable. OK, got that done and the dropped stitch fixed. I was pretty proud of myself for that accomplishment! Then last night, I just happened to see another dropped stitch! And I was NOT short a stitch in the pattern repeat! Oh boy. OK, I picked it up and worked it onto an existing stitch. I have no clue if that was the right thing to do but I can’t see the problem area now! I really like the cables and the look of the blanket but sure hope the rest of it goes better!
Oh yeah, now that I’ve received the #7 Harmony needles and did another gauge swatch with them, I find I need to use #8 needles for the Chloe cardigan! At least I already have them! After my “adventures” with this blanket though, I’m more scared of Chloe than ever!
Hmmm…it won’t let me add the picture of the blanket even though I resized it! Here’s a link to the blanket pattern in the meantime: cable baby blanket