Lali Purse Pattern Help

I want to start knitting this beautiful clutch for my best friend but cant seem to get started. I have a question regarding the pattern stitch.

I’m not quite sure what is meant by the instructions given in ROW 1 of the PATTERN STITCH. Can anyone help? Please.

Here is the link to the pattern:
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/lali/lali.html

After you knit the first two stitches (K2 at beginning of row 1) you are going to be working the next two stitches in reverse order and this will be continued across the row. This produces mini cable twists. You will put your right needle between the first and second stitches on the left needle, doing so from back to front. Then from that position you will insert your right needle through the second stitch on the left needle in the usual way and knit that stitch. Then the first stitch on the needle, then slip both off. In reversing the order, you make a twist.

As soon as you mentioned the TWIST action, the light bulb totally went off! Thank you so much. I tried a few rows and was so proud.

Glad to hear that you are figuring it out. That really is a beautiful clutch pattern. :slight_smile: