Lalana Shawl pattern troubles

This is the first pattern I have tried that after 38 rows (out of 290) basically says keep going like you have been EXCEPT and then lays out exceptions. I’m struggling and the yarn shop where I bought the kit of pattern and yarn has been little help. The pattern is by Zabeth Loisel-Weiner if that helps.
What advice more experienced knitters give on how to interpret this kind of pattern.

Welcome to the forum!
What is the name of the shawl? There seems to be many.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=knitting&query=%20Zabeth%20Loisel-Weiner%20shawl&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs&page=1

You can quote the exceptions if you think that might help. Don’t post a large portion of the pattern please due to designer copyright.

Maybe this one? Pattern and designer names match. It’s paid and I don’t have it.

Yes, that’s the one. Is it common for patterns to be like that? Not specify every row?

Thaks, GG.

Since this is a repeated pattern, it wouldn’t be unusual for the pattern to be set up over a number of rows and then give instructions to continue as set. There might be increases or some other shaping that are taken into the pattern stitch.

Is there a row or two that you can quote that are causing the problem?