Lacing

Hi fellow knitters!

I’m new to this cite, but I have a question on lacing. I have seemingly simple lace scarf pattern. But the pattern starts out with 43 cast-on stitches(which I can do) and then Sl 3 sts tog purlwise WYIB, * k1, yo, k4, k3tog, k4, yo, rep from * twice more, end k4. But the question I have is how do you Sl 3 sts tog purlwise WYIB? And when I try to work this I end up with 44 stiches at the end. I’m clearly confused. Need help! Please could someone help a sista out!::knitting:

Do you have a link to the pattern?

Slipping stitches purlwise just means to move the stitches from the left to right needle by picking them up with the right needle inserted into the stitch as if to purl, but without actually purling it. WYIB means, do it with the yarn in the back. But then knitting the 4th stitch will create a yarn bar across the back of those 3 stitches from the edge to the 1st one you knit. You should end up with the same number of stitches you start with, though. There are 2 increases (the yo’s) and 2 stitches decreased (k3tog) so they balance each other out.

The link for the pattern that I am referring to is: http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/adia/adia.html

Thanks.:knitting:

OK, you do it just like I described above, but pull the yarn tight when you do the first knit stitch, so you don’t end up with a loose loop around those 3 slipped stitches.

I’m not sure how you’re ending up with an extra stitch- if you’re slipping the 3 stitches WFIF instead of in back, that would add an extra stitch.

Hope that helps! It’s a beautiful scarf pattern, I hope you’ll post pictures!