Lace Edgings

My granmother take flannel and crochets edgings on them to make adorable little receiving blankets. I want to make something similar but I’d like to knit it. I know how to do the crochet edging but I much prefer to knit. Does anyone know of any lace type edgings that can be knitted w/ crochet thread or the like? I looked at knitting pattern central but the ones they have are way too intricate. I just want something simple…

check out nicky epstein’s books: knitting on the edge and knitting over the edge. (knitting beyone the edge is more for colors and cuffs)

here have alot and it free…enjoy !
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns-lace.htm

you can knit the edges seperatly and sew them on, or you can edge the the blankets with ‘blanket stitch’ and use the edge of the sewing as a ‘stitch’ to knit with.

Hello Kitty–thanks for the link–most of those are still WAY too overpowering for what I’m trying to do but there is one that might work…

oftroy–you have the idea–I hem them w/ blanket stitch (if that’s what I think it is–I’m not a great sewer) and when I crochet–I pick up stitches, so to speak, using the blanket stitch to crochet from.

The problem I have is that most of the knitted lace edgings I find are way to intricate…This is a picture of what the edgings look like that my grandmother and I currently do–I just wish I could find a knitted equivalent…

Hildie–thanks for the suggestion–I’ve always wanted to check out those books anyway…this gives me a good excuse!