Lace edging...opinion needed please

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether it is better to do a lace edging by picking up stitches along the bottom and then beginning or knitting the lace edging and then grafting it to the piece. I’m adding a lace edge to a st st tank. When I did this before I picked up stitches…or crocheted the edge which I still might do. Any opinions as to what seems to work best?

I know it’s too late for this, but I would have done a provisional CO :wink:

My picking up of stitches is neater than my seaming…so I’d probably do that. Unless I found a beautiful lace that was knit left to right instead of top to bottom…then I’d suck it up and seam it on :smiley:

I don’t know which is ‘better’, but I certainly would rather pick up and knit than sew or weave on.

I agree with Ing-a-Ling :wink:

Thanks for the input. I know, I know…I should have done a provisional CO, especially since I planned this edging all along. I needed to get something on the needles quick though and didn’t have the patience to sit donn and do the provisional right then. Nothing like instant gratification :slight_smile:

Anyway, I was thinking I’d much rather do it by picking up too, but just wanted to make sure there was no compelling reason (ie looks better) to do it and then graft it on. No question picking up will be easier!

Picking up and knitting means no guess work as to how long to make the edging. If you know how to crochet, I like crocheting lace better than knitting it.

I do know how to crochet…I am thinking about doing that…definitely easier :slight_smile: