Knitting

Hi , I am new to this channel. Hope somebody can help me as I am a beginner in knitting. I am struggling with my pattern. Stylecraft 4771wondersoft. Baby cardi. I am on the shape raglan. It says next row patt.** But as this would be my 2and row I wouldn’t have enough stitches left . Hope someone can follow this

Can you upload the part of pattern you’re stuck on Someone here will def help

Hopefully I will. I have never done that before so my daughter is going to try and explain how I do it . Thankyou

1 Like

You can either quote a few pattern rows or post a photo of the rows that are causing the problem. To post the photo, click on the landscape icon in the middle of the top ribbon in the Reply box and follow the directions.

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces[quote="Bev2, post:1, topic:144705, full:true"]

Hi , I am new to this channel. Hope somebody can help me as I am a beginner in knitting. I am struggling with my pattern. Stylecraft 4771wondersoft. Baby cardi. I am on the shape raglan. It says next row patt.** But as this would be my 2and row I wouldn’t have enough stitches left . Hope someone can follow this
[/quote]

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Pattern rows. Shape Raglan. Next row:cast off 4 sts in patt, to end. 25 sts left.
Next Row: patt **
For 3,row
Work 4rows dec 1st at raglan edge in every row. 21sts left.

So I don’t understand when in the pattern it is saying patt** what is that telling me to do . I know with these rows I am repeating the pattern 1 to 6 rows at start of baby card I .

In this case the double asterisk is indicating the end of a repeat section. If you look earlier in the pattern there may be another double asterisk which begins the repeat section. Later in the pattern perhaps on the fronts there will be a direction to work as given up to the **.
For now you can ignore the ** and just work in pattern across the row. Then proceed to the next row.

An I understand that now. And the ** further on. Thank you So o much for your help .

1 Like