Knitting Supplies Case

Hello Ladies,

I’m looking for some suggestions. I am designing a case for knitting accessories, and was wondering what qualities you would look for in a case. Certain pockets for certain items, etc.
Any suggestions are most welcome!

Well, I will tell you what I’d like to have:

1. Elastic band sewn in places to hold needles - and different sized ‘holes’ for scissors and other odd-shaped items
  2. Open pockets
  3. Pockets with a snap flap or velcro closure - to keep stray items from falling out
  4. Make the pockets clear so we can see what’s in them
  5. Zipper pockets
  6. Pockets of different sizes
  7. Slit-type pocket to stick my current pattern in
  8. Have a zipper around the outside edge. When it’s unzipped, it would open in the center like a book
  9. Make it in bright colors so it’s easier to find when stuffed down in the bottom of my knitting bag

hope that helps!
knitcindy

Sounds good.
When I finish, you get a free one! :slight_smile:

Thanks “insane”!!! Let me tell you, it’s extremely frustrating to look at all sorts of bags/carriers/holders and discover that they’re almost perfect EXCEPT for just 1 or 2 things!!!

I have been searching for the “perfect knitting bag” for awhile now and still haven’t found it! What I have found is a lot of “almost perfect” ones that I will use instead!!

Same thing with supplies pouches! I found a zipper one @ Office Max for less than $2.00 and it’s currently working out well enough. It’s roughly 8 1/2" by 11" and is supposed to fit into a 3 ring binder. It’s ok for right now, but I anticipate the zipper breaking in the not-to-distant future.

Good luck with your designing!!!
knitcindy

oh, perhaps snaps instead of velcro closures. Velcro snags yarn if the yarn gets caught.

I would recommend putting in three ring binders or some other locking/unlocking mechanism to hold things such as pouches. That way you can take out the stuff that breaks (such as see-through plastic pouches).

I made a crochet case from a zip closed daytimer that I really love! Here’s a link to a post about it: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102219&highlight=crochet+binder

It’s not all that pretty as I’m not a very good seamstress, but it’s small, holds everything, is well organized, and can be zipped closed so I don’t lose stuff.

I’ve considered using a large daytimer to make something similar for my knitting stuff. I know you want to knit something, but perhaps this layout will give you some good ideas!

Something that’s crushproof in case you accidentally sit on it. Ask me how I know.

I made an interesting one years ago, using a placemat and a lot of ziploc bags.

Let’s see if I can remember (or find it!)

1. Sew a piece of grosgrain ribbon straight across the narrow middle of your placemat
  2. Line up several ziploc see-through bags atop this ribbon, and machine-sew their ends along the ribbon. You can use both large and small ziplocs.
  3. Maybe you do this step first…Sew a strong, 2-piece zipper across both narrow ends of the placemat - so when you zip it closed, it creates your needlebag, with ziploc bags inside.

retanbcorto lxb ir
tiuvawussknit bloghi com
wvibhsyhwh freeblog hu
ghousukvinu rmc fr
colsanimo lxb ir
choibicosen MahTarin Com
curhirito unblog fr
stonalined bloghi com
ressimeando unblog fr
nibermeoci LoxBlog Com
smitobrihy bloghi com
kamecostcawth LoxTarin Com
retanbcorto MahTarin Com
etsupmithank LoxBlog Com
mortpresiddrit lxb ir

raritote bloghi comfernretrata unblog frcolsanimo GLXBlog Comcorconasgio lxb irdierawebcomp lxb iriblbjrwofv freeblog huspokatwhoobo MahTarin Comrideprecy bloghi comkamecostcawth GLXBlog Comfreroncely bloghi comkellmachela LoxTarin Comemlunone LoxBlog Commingdwelapin bloghi comdiakassebin LoxTarin Comutwaicula LoxBlog Com
zabgeeleapin unblog fr rensmilmontsil lxb ir viatitiriz bloghi com probwarpelen GLXBlog Com ballodelda lxb ir fahrmulala bloghi com mjujibfspl freeblog hu specriritu bloghi com ssyluninvo bloghi com carrolivi MahTarin Com siocalcise MahTarin Com tategacock LoxTarin Com rvphcbsbod freeblog hu bionewsmomo unblog fr zeigitilta unblog fr