Knitting Scripture References

Fabio never did it for me, I’d prefer Tom Selleck myself :wink:

And hey, don’t cut yourself short…it takes all kinds, types, colors, and sizes…just like knitting :happydance:Your body’s just fine. Remember, there’s a time and a place…make that a yarn and a project for a size 2 needle in “ultrafine” yarn, and there’s a place and project for the “chunky” size 15 needles :teehee:

I hope you get the metaphor. Very few of us measure up to the fictional ideal of womanly figure created by the media!
:muah:

I’m lovin’ this thread! Thanks everyone!

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][SIZE=2] [B][I]Proverbs 31:21[/I][/B] (King James Version) She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

I think it would be neat to put a stitch or two of red in everything I make for my family.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

There are actually two different books of the Bible referenced here. The “woman of valor” reference is from Proverbs. The “Song of Soloman” is actually titled Shir ha shirim in Hebrew, Song of Songs, an entirely separate book. It is supposed to be a metaphor for Israel and God and that’s why it was included in the Bible despite some language that some might see as a little racy.Proverbs, Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes were all, by Jewish tradition, written by Soloman. The difference in outlook is accounted for by the age he was when he wrote them. Song of Songs was written when he was a young man, Ecclesiastes (Kohelet in Hebrew) was written when he was old.

OH my goodness!!! What a cool idea!!!

There is a verse in the new testament during or after the crucifiction where they are dividing his clothes and one piece can’t be divided because there are no seams. That sounds like something knit on DPNs or crocheted to me.

I’ve heard that before, but I don’t think they had knitting [I]quite [/I]that early, did they? There are some Renaissance paintings that depict Mary knitting baby Jesus a seamless garment on dpns, though :slight_smile: