Knitting pattern

Hi. I apologise for advance if this is a silly question! In the pattern I’m doing, part of Row 1 is as follows: Ssk, *[yon, ssk] x 2, k3, [k2tog, yon] x 2, s2kpo, yon, ssk, yon, [k1, yon] x3, k1 in next st, yon, k2tog, yon, s2kpo… My question is: is there a reason the patter specifies “k1 in next st” rather than just saying k1. Thank you

Welcome to the forum!
Can you give us a link or a pattern name?
It may be something about the row before this one that is the reason for the “k1 in the next st”. Can you quote that row? (not a large portion of the pattern due to copyright but just that row)

Thank you for your response. I gave you the start of Row1

Ah, then treat it as a knit stitch. You can do one other thing and that’s to count up the sts required to work this row (counting the “k in the next sttich” as one stitch and count up the sts remaining after you’ve worked the row and see if that makes sense.
Can you give us the pattern name?

Thank you. Sorry about the delay in responding. Please see the attached extract from the pattern, it’s a “leaf chain pattern”.

For example, for the first size starting with 111 and ending with 131sts. It seems to me that there’s an error in the pattern. It should read:
Row 1 Ssk, * [yon, ssk] x2,yon, ssk, yon, [ {k1, yon}x3, k1] in the next stitch. That gives you the required increase of 20sts. A similar problem exists, of course for the other 2 sizes.

These instructions may be for the leaf chain motif but is there a name for the overall sweater pattern please?
Check Ravelry project notes too as others may have encountered the same problem. You could also write the designer or company and ask about this especially if it’s a paid pattern.

The k1, yo, k1, yo, k1,yo, k1 is similar to the technique shown in this video: