Knitting pattern problem

Hi, I am a beginner at knitting and I am having trouble with a pattern. I am trying to knit a raglan jumper. I need help with it.

I am having trouble with sleeves part where it say rep these six rows, inc described which I don’t understand
Can some one please help me?

Welcome to KH!
You’re to repeat the increase row and then the 5 following stockinette rows until you reach the given number of sts for your size. That would be:
Row 1 Kfb, knit to the last 2 sts, kfb, k1
Row 2 purl
Row 3 knit
Row 4 purl
Row 5 knit
Row 6 purl
Then repeat from Row 1.

Thank you very much for your help. I have another problem that I don’t understand - I would like to know what is psso and skpo and how do I do those stitches?

skpo is slip one stitch knitwisse, knit the next stitch, pass the slipped stitch over the knit stitch.

Psso is pass slipped stitch over.
There’s a very nice Glossary at the top of the page which has videos in some cases.

Thank you very much salmonmac for your help. I will have a look at the website for psso and skpo stitch. I am going to try to knit the raglan jumper, I will see how I go :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I would like to know how to - Decrease 1 stitch at each end of next 4 rows?

On the knit row , do I decrease and then , the next row do I purl ?

I am up to the raglan jumper armhole shaping.

Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?
If it’s stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row) then you would dec at the beginning of the row, knit across and dec at the end of the row. You would decrease in a similar manner on the purl row.
It’s nicer to have one stitch before and one after the decrease however, so you could k1, dec, knit across the row to 3sts from the end, dec and finally k1. The same for the purl side.

Sorry I don’t have a link as it is from a book at the library. Here is a screen shot of a page from the book I took on my phone.

Thank you for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Very nice and it looks like the decreases are a stitch or 2 in from the edges. Enjoy knitting this sweater!

The instructions are for the seed stitch neck band. Row 2 is a repeat of row 1. It should give you seed stitch where the knit sts from the previous row are purled and the purl sts from the previous row are knit.
Pattern across means to work in the pattern stitch (seed stitch:
purl the knits and knit the purls) for 2sts, then work 2 more sts and cast off one over the last stitch and repeat to cast off a 2nd stitch.
For row 4, work in seed stitch up to the gap created by the bind off, cast on 2sts, continue in seed stitch. You can use a thumb loop cast on here for 2sts.
https://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat-fairy-leaves-dress--6-mos./BRK0214-009750V.html

Please edit your post (the pencil icon in the lower right) to remove the scan because of copyright rules.

Thank you for your help. I have removed the last post, I am sorry about that.

Hi can you please help me on how to do this section on pattern -
k1, p1 (twice) ,
p1, yo, ssk, k4, yo, k1, yo, k4, k2tog, yo - 7 times.
K1, p1 (twice)

Do I wrap my yarn over or around the needle and how many times do I wrap around I don’t understand this.

I am knitting a fairy leave knit baby dress .

https://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat-fairy-leaves-dress--6-mos./BRK0214-009750V.html
It’s a little strange working yarn overs before or after purl sts. This video is quite good. I know your question isn’t about the various kinds of directions but the demo shows yarn overs between purls and before and after purl sts.

Basically, you want a single new loop over the needle between 2sts. I use that as a guide for any of these yarn overs.

Thank you for your help . I will see how I go with this knit pattern .