Knitting notations in the book Plus Size Knits

Hello,

I have started knitting the Long Jacket found in Plus Size Knits by Phildar. After increase instructions, the pattern has notations that I don’t understand. A local knitting shop said it is probably more information than I need, but I’d like to understand anyway.

Here is an example: I’ll bold the part that confuses me.
At 27 1/4 [27 1/2, 28, 28 1/4, 28 3/4] in. up the sides, form the shoulders by binding off on each side every 2 rows: 2x9 sts and 2x10 st.[3x10 sts and 1x11sts; 4x12 sts; 2x13 sts and 2x14 sts; 3x15 sts and 1x16 sts.]

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Hi esmock, It sounds to me like the instructions to shape the shoulders, does it come after shaping the armhole and neck. Only thing is it sounds like a lot of stitches, could you post a pic of your netting and maybe the part of the pattern you’re stuck on

Welcome to KH!
Which size are you making, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?

The fourth. (third in the bracket).

Follow the directions for the 4th size: 2x13 sts and 2x14 sts

Decrease at each end 13sts twice and then 14sts twice. Since you can easily only bind off at the beginning of a row you would bind off 13sts, work to the end of the row, turn and bind off 13sts on the next row. Repeat these two rows and then work the same sequence binding of 14sts at the beginning of the next 4 rows.
Does that work out with your stitch count?

Thank you so much! You replied so quickly! This will help a lot.
Elizabeth