Knitting New Year's Resolutions

I know it’s early but if I don’t do this now it probably won’t happen :happydance:

I, Suziehomemaker, do hereby declare that I will not purchase additional yarn in the year of 2007 (shock! gasp!) and I will use up my stash to finish all of the beautiful items I wanted to make.
***[size=2][/size]Exceptions include knitting needles if needed and if a family member asks for a specific item (I can’t deny requests)

I will finish the baby afghan that I started before May 5th for my son’s first birthday.

I will finish the Great American Aran Afghan that I started even if it kills me. (finishing one more square at this point would be an achievement)

I will make beautiful items out of the massive amounts of Wool-Ease that I purchased at a ridiculously low price and give them as gifts to loved ones or to charity.

I will find a way to organize and store the ugly yarn I inherited from my DH’s grandma and use it to teach someone to knit.

I do so declare on the 7th day of December in the year of 2006 that these items will go into effect on January 1st, 2007 and expire on December 31, 2007.

:cheering:

Suzie is going to go around demanding that people ask her to make stuff out of the pretty yarn she finds!!! :teehee:

So true!

Now what would happen if someone gave you a gift certificate to a LYS for your birthday or other special occasion? Would that not apply since you are techinically not buying the yarn yourself? What if your desired purchases exceed the amount of the gift card? :wink:

I will learn Fair Isle.

I will knit a sampler Afghan.

I will finish at least two of the 12 projects that are “in progress”.

I will not start a new project when I have 12 projects “in progress”.

I will organize my yarn, and not use my extra bedroom exclusively for the storage of yarn.

I will use yarn in my ‘stash’ (read: My own privat LYS), rather than buying new yarn for a project, (knowing I have some that will work just as well in my stash already).

I will not buy more than one auctions worth of yarn on ebay per month.

I will not use knitting as an excuse not to do my dishes.

I will stop trying to convert all of my co-workers to knit-workers.

I will dye my own yarn wtih kool-aid.

I will make something for myself…and keep it.

I will buy more yarn than I can use, but only when it’s on sale or when I really really like the color

thought i’d better make a resolution I can actually keep.

will not start a new project when I have 12 projects “in progress”.

I will organize my yarn, and not use my extra bedroom exclusively for the storage of yarn.

I will use yarn in my ‘stash’ (read: My own privat LYS), rather than buying new yarn for a project, (knowing I have some that will work just as well in my stash already).

I will not buy more than one auctions worth of yarn on ebay per month.

I will not use knitting as an excuse not to do my dishes.

I will stop trying to convert all of my co-workers to knit-workers.

I could not have come up with better ones myself! :cheering:

my own personal resolution: make something from the fabulous yarn that I recieved as a gift from my mom and KEEP IT FOR ME!

I could not have come up with better ones myself!

:woot: :eyebrow: :woot:

buy what i want, when I want, for what price I want, whenever I want, no matter the consequences…it can only go up from there…
I have learned in my life about making resolutions… make them reasonable, and liveable, and fun!

I will not feel guilty about not using up the stash

2007 Knitting Goals

Lace
More Fair Isle
Knit myself a garment
Knit for the home

Heere Be Dragone Shawl

Have fun, and knit whatever I want whenever I want.

OOO - lace is a good one.

I will go back to my stash and try again to learn how to knit lace correctly.

**Note - gift cards don’t count beause it’s not my money. Besides, I’d probably use them to purchase needles and accessories.

I will learn fair isle.

I will learn entrelac in the round.

I will knit a sweater for myself. (I’ve made lots of baby and children’s sweaters, but never one for me.)

I WILL BEGIN THE CHRISTMAS KNITTING IN THE SUMMER.

(Seedy, I :heart: your avatar!)

I will learn entrelac, Fair Isle, and intarsia.

I will finish my WIP’s and play matchmaker to my single socks.

I will attempt to dye some of my recycled wool.

I will make myself a cardigan with cables.

Great thread!!

I will knit something for myself!

I will never buy “Homespun” again.

I will organize my stash.

I will learn Fair Isle.

I second the never buying Homspun. I want to shoot myself, I bought three freaking skeins!!! Bad move on my part :pout:

I will use up the homespun as quickly as humanly possible

I will buy at least one skein/ball/whatever of Malabrigo in Roanoke Gold

I will knit a Teddy bear of my own Pattern

I will also start Christmas knitting in the summer

I will get a job so I can have my own money for yarn, instead of using Mum’s money (I’m 16)

I will finish all WIP’s before I start anything else

I will learn to knit continental, as it is more efficient, but annoying since I’m a righty

I will speed up my purling so my stockinette doesnt take me 4 minutes per purl row

I will keep at least one knitted item myself

I will give away large amounts of knitted goods of fair quality to charity (by fair quality I mean nice but not EXPENSIVE yarn)

I will stockpile trendy scarves so I don’t have to flip if I break the “Christmas knitting in Summer” resolution

I’m going to get a stash! :cheering:

I will learn fair isle.

I will destash the stuff I’m not going to use.

I will always have a pair of socks going.

I will work on organizing and prioritizing my list of future projects.

I will not feel guilty about knitting for myself.

Well the only thing I think of right now is:

Learn to pick up the stitches for the gusset on a sock.

It’s funny I have knitted two pairs already and whenever I get to the gussett, I head down to my friend’s LYS and have her help me.

I also need to destash… but that can wait for now… :teehee: