Knitting Needles

Hello everyone, I have a question and maybe someone could help me. My pattern says to use straight knitting needles but I would like to use the circular needles. I’m making a ladies sweater. Does it matter what type of needles I use. I asked the woman who owns a yarn store she said it’s an old pattern so you can use circulars. Is this true?

I use circular needles for just about everything. All you have to do if you’re knitting flat is turn your work at the end of each row. The only real differences are that you don’t have a long needle to mess with and you can easily retrieve a dropped needle because it can’t go far!

Dear Grumpy Gramma~ I would like to thank you for responding to my question so quickly. I didn’t want to start my project until I knew that it was alright to use the circular needles. I have crocheted for 50 years and one day decided to teach myself how to knit. I find that knitting looks so much nicer. I’m new to knitting help, and if I have any problems with the sweater I’m making it’s nice to know I have somewhere to go for help. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate very much.

Kindly, Janney

Attention: Grumpygramma

I use circular needles for almost everything, too. I’m just more comfortable not having long sticks getting in the way. :wink: