Knitting in the round

I’ve finally finished knitting mum’s sweater but am going to finish it off completely when I have better daylight to sew it together by! In the meantime I have started hubby’s sweater and I’m not doing the one I asked about in a previous query! I’m now knitting the Berroco_Pattern_Alec (from their store in Ravelry). I have had a practice of the pattern first but just wanted to check I’m going to do it right.

PATTERN STITCH A (Multiple of 6 sts + 3)
Row 1 (RS): P1, * k1, p1, rep from * across.
Row 2: K3, * p3, k3, rep from * across.
Rep these 2 rows for Pat A.
PATTERN STITCH C (Multiple of 5 sts + 1)
Rows 1 and 3 (RS): K1TBL, * p1, k2, p1, k1TBL, rep
from * across.
Rows 2 and 4: P1, * k1, p2, k1, p1, rep from *
across.
Row 5: K1TBL, * p4, k1TBL, rep from * across.
Row 6: P1, * k4, p1, rep from * across.
Rep these 6 rows for Pat C.

I’m knitting it in the round and wanted to check Panels A and C (Panel B I’ve sorted). Row 2 Panel A - K3, * p3, k3, rep from * across. Do I reverse this to P3 * k3, p3 or does it stay as it reads now. And Panel C I think I just repeat rows 1, 3 and 5 for rows 2, 4 and 6? It seemed to work out okay when I did my practice piece but just wanted to make sure before I started it properly. Thanks :slight_smile:

Very nice sweater!
Yes, to change from knitting flat to in the round, work P3, k3 across for panel A.
For panel C, even rows, you can work rows 1,3 and 5 but you might leave out the twisted stitch (K1TBL) and just work a k1.

That’s great :blush: I can start it now knowing exactly what I’m doing

It’s going great so far, I’m nearly halfway up the sweater and now something has occurred to me. I asked about knitting Panel C in the round and just realised I will be knitting it flat as that is the panel pattern after separating for the armholes. So I now have a question about if it would be difficult to knit, after separating for the armholes, the front and back of the sweater at the same time. Obviously the advantage being that the front and back would grow at the same time (when it comes to keeping track of your pattern) and you’d just have to knit a little bit more for the back, etc. Has anybody tried doing this and were they able to?

I don’t see why you can’t do that. Put a marker in the front to make it easy to see which part you are knitting. Also, don’t stop between front and back. Knit both the separate front and back before putting the knitting down. That way, you always know which direction to knit.