Knitting doublestrand.... rolling the yarn to make 2 strand

HI… fairly new here…

I am going to attempt to knit fiber trends child clogs. I bought cascade 220 yarn, big twists as you all know. For the smaller clogs, can i roll the one twist into two balls to get the two strands. I assume the pattern takes account the two strands correct when telling amounts to get.

Hope this isn’t a too obvious question and answer. :smiley:

Thanks
michelle

Personally I’d just wind the hank into one ball, then knit with both ends held together (one coming from the inside and one from the outside of the ball). I can’t stand to have more than one bal of yarn attached to my project at any given time! :wink:

Is there a tutorial on how to roll a ball that has two ends? Didn’t even know that could be done by hand!

Michelle

Whenever I’ve done something with two strands, I don’t wind them together. I have found in the past that even if it’s the same yarn, they ‘feed’ at different rates. It’s easier to untangle it than fight with it for me.

There’s a video here on how to wind a center pull ball – on the basic techniques “and more” tab.

Every ball has two ends…the beginning and the end. That’s what I meant, anyway – I pull the end form the center, and the end from the outside and hold them together. :smiley:

great… found it… thanks julie…

Michelle