Knitting a baby blanket

My daughter’s friend asked me if I could knit a baby blanket for a friend who is expectig a little girl in Dec. Brittany is my daughter’s friend and can’t knit but she said she would buy the yarn and pay me for the knitting. She bought 3 big skiens of Bernat’s Baby sport weight yarn in the color Blossom and she picked the pattern called Fractured Lattice a 8 row pattern stitch. All odd numbered rows are purled and the even numbered rows are knit but each right row is different. I will be gladd to get this one finished as it is verchallenging to knit.

How nice of you to do this. It is a challenging pattern to maintain for a whole blanket, even a baby blanket, but very pretty.

I hope we get to see a photo when you finish.

Yes I will post a picture. I must warn you the part of the ayrn was colored tan and it makes the blanket look like it is stained with something but it hasn’t. It is the yarn that pooled in those areas.

That’s very nice of you! If it was me I probably would have given her a choice of patterns of MY choosing since I was the one knitting it. :lol:

You’re much nicer than me. Still, if she really pays you what it’s worth… I want to see it too.

I’ve worked with that color before and you’re right! The tan makes the blanket look “dirty” when u look at it at the end!! But I have used Blossom with a solid pink and it’s not as bad!

I will be looking forward to seeing your pics too!!!
Knitcindy

Ooh, I know exactly what you mean. I gave up on knitting baby blankets because I’m at an age where there are too many blankets to make in too little time! I tend to crochet blankets now, but I know that’s not an option for everyone. Here’s the one I’m working on now, It uses Debbie Bliss Rialto - plenty nicer than some yarns I’ve worked with in the past, that’s for sure!

Thanks for sharing! That pattern is similar to one that I keep coming back to. After doing something more challenging or several of something (hats!) for a charity sale it’s relaxing to return to an old favorite and there is always someone somewhere who is happy to have a baby blanket as a gift or a donation.