Think this is the second time in less than a week that Health & Safety rules have hit knitting.
First, it was knitting needles put out of “harm’s way” behind a hospital desk and now this:
[B]Wool house ‘fire risk’[/B]
Fire officers have ordered a knitted house to be taken down after declaring it a fire hazard. The 10ft-by-14ft house was knitted by 500 women from all over the world and was on show at Atlantic Village at Bideford, North Devon, where it has raised £10,000 for charity. Ann Tattersall, who helped to create the house, said: “This is absolutely outrageous and is health and safety gone mad.”
* * * * *
It’s heart-breaking that so much work, done by so many people all over the world, and raised thousands for charity, should fall foul of H&S rules.:verysad:
Following this logic, the only place to safely display knitting would be in an empty aircraft hangar. :fingerwag::fingerwag::fingerwag: