Knitted hat, pompom or no pompom? discuss!

Hi Aylaane
Which do you think is better then?
Also have u any more pics of those hats?

Everyone else,
Post your views

Unless it’s the Jayne hat, in which case it MUST have a pom pom…! :teehee:

Unless it’s the Jayne hat, in which case it MUST have a pom pom…!

Oh, I LOVE Jayne Cobb’s hat! Only a real man could pull that off (or a man not afraid of anything).

I would never wear a pom-pom hat. But then, I hate hats of any kind and refuse to wear them except in extreme cold. Fortunately, I live in Southern California.

But I love it when other people wear pom-pom hats, because I get to laugh at them behind their backs! Okay, not really, I don’t do that (I just smile). But it is entertaining to see people in goofy-looking hats. :smiley:

BTW, I’ve never made a hat - can the pom-pom be done in a contrasting color? I’d love to see a neon-orange-and-green pom-pom on a conservative black hat. Again…free entertainment. And ya gotta admit, it would take guts to wear it. :teehee:

The jayne hat is undoubtely a girls hat.
Men look good in a ribbed hat with a pompom

as for contrasting colors, i would say that Black with a white pompom is nice and smart
or even white with a dark blue pompom.
My BF wears an army green one with a Black pompom :muah:
and oh boy doesnt he look HOT HOT HOT!!!

“Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he’s not afraid of anything.” Jayne Cobb is most definitely a man. :eyebrow:

Jayne ain’t no girl! He’ll show you his man parts, if you’re still not convinced. :teehee:

:heart: Jayne

As for pompons, I really don’t care much about them. Plus my cat would eat them.

LOL!!!
So this “jayne” is a man???

Aylaane where are you?

Hey steff sorry I’ve been absent my mom went in the hospital yesterday with gall bladder issues, and I had to go and stand in for her with her husband and two kids while they tried to move. I’ve been a little stressed.

Anyways, Um, most of the pom poms I’ve made so far have been floppy poms, but I don’t mind close-fitting poms either. I like them because I think they add a bit of levity to the garment, and most of the time I think that touch of silliness is a good thing. If someone I’m knitting for isn’t confident enough to go outside in a hat that may, or probably, make them look silly to many of the people in the street, then they’re probably not confident enough to wear my knitting, period. So for me it’s a philosophical thing as well as an artistic thing.

I do think they look kind of silly, but I like that. And, for the record, I don’t wear hats because my hair is nearly always in a french twist, so instead I made a version of Calorimetry from knitty and I wear that when it’s cold enough.

Hey Aylaane
Hope your mum gets better soon.

you said about confidence to wear a pompomed hat
now that is sooooooo true!!!
:cheering:
If a man wasnt confident enuff to wear a hat with a pompom outside then hes not my kinda man period!

:teehee: Steff, Jayne Cobb is a character on the (tragically cancelled) TV series Firefly, and was played by the very-much-a-man Adam Baldwin. In one of the episodes, he receives a hat knitted by his mother. That’s the hat we’re talking about!

From the series:

Jayne: Well, I say as a rule that girlfolk ain’t to be trusted.
River: Jayne is a girl’s name.
Jayne: Well Jayne ain’t a girl. She starts on that “girl’s name” thing, I’m a show her good an’ all I got man parts.
Simon: I’m trying to think of a way for you to be cruder. It’s just not coming.

:muah:

LOL
I know what you mean, leave the hat wearing to the boys :slight_smile:
pompoms and all :slight_smile:
:cheering:

:teehee: Steff, Jayne Cobb is a character on the (tragically cancelled) TV series Firefly, and was played by the very-much-a-man Adam Baldwin. In one of the episodes, he receives a hat knitted by his mother. That’s the hat we’re talking about!

From the series:

Jayne: Well, I say as a rule that girlfolk ain’t to be trusted.
River: Jayne is a girl’s name.
Jayne: Well Jayne ain’t a girl. She starts on that “girl’s name” thing, I’m a show her good an’ all I got man parts.
Simon: I’m trying to think of a way for you to be cruder. It’s just not coming.

:muah:[/quote]

A lot of men end up receiving hats knitted by their mums
i think that those same men should honor their mums efforts by wearing the hats!
pompom or no pompom!
men should wear the hats if their mums/sisters/wives/GF’s knit them

End of!!!

What do you mean by a fringe?

I soooooooo Wish someone could join the crusade on my side :slight_smile:
:??

Has this topic gone stale? or do people not want to join the crusade :slight_smile:

Has this topic gone stale? or do people not want to join the crusade :slight_smile: