Knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches?

I’m having a mental block and I know that there are no stupid questions but this feels like a stupid question!

On my pattern, one of the rows just says: "k all k sts and p all psts"
What the heck does that translate to? The previous row had cabling stitches so I’m confused. This is the exact pattern so far:

Row 1 (WS): K1, (k3, p2, k3, p4, k3, p2, k3) 3 times, k1
Row 2: K1 *(p2, BC) twice) (FC, p2) twice; repeat from * 3 times in all, k1
Row 3 and all subsequesnt WS rows: K1, (k all k sts and p all p sts) across, end k1

Am I over thinking this? Should it just be the same as row 1? I think it would just say repeat row 1 if that was the case. Any suggestions?

You knit the knits and purl the purls as they face you, so if you see a knit, knit it; a purl, purl it.

Ahh - I knew I was overthinking this! I can see that now in the row. What’s strange is that it looks like I should purl the first and last stitches but the other squares in this afghan all start and end with a knit stitch on every row. Should I just knit those to be consistent or purl them as they look like they should.

It does say to knit the first and last, and just knit the knits and purl the purls between, so I’d knit the first and last on every row.

Got it - thanks again for your help Ingrid! Have a great (and safe) New Year!