Knit Denim Vest

http://www.lionbrand.com/knitting-pattern-knit-denim-vest.html - I am working size M :confused:

Allo :slight_smile: I am very much self taught amateur knitter. Am also making my head hurt over the instructions on this pattern! :confused: Iโ€™m up to front left, specifically this part -

Next row (RS) Slip 1, k 1, ssk, k to last 7 sts, k2tog, k 5. Repeat dec at neck edge every other row 1 (0, 1, 1, 0, 0) time more, then every 4th row 9 (10, 10, 10,
12, 12) times more.
AT SAME TIME, repeat dec at armhole edge every other row 5 (7, 7, 8, 10, 12) times more - 10 (11, 12, 13, 13, 14) sts.

Ouch. Repeat dec at neck edge โ€˜every other rowโ€™ every 4th row 10 times more but also repeat dec at armhole edge โ€˜every other rowโ€™ 7 more times until I have 11 stitches left, is how I read it; but I do not understand :confused: Am I reading too much into the pattern?

Kind regards

Welcome to the forum!
When the instructions for your size show a zero, or zero times, skip those instructions.
For this vest, after the initial decrease row, decrease at the neck edge every 4th row 10 times and at the armhole edge every other row 7 times.

If you call the very first decrease row, row one, then decrease at the neck edge on rows 5,9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37, and 41. Decrease at the armhole on rows 3,5,7,9,11,13,and 15.

Your knitting looks very nice and even.

Thank you for being so patient with me. Happy Knitting and future crafty
ventures to you :slight_smile: