Kitchener stitch grafting seam

Hey everyone! I’m on the home stretch of my first sweater, the Lace Leaf Pullover. The top and bottom are knit separately in the round, and then grafted. I used the Kitchener stitch and did a pretty good job on it, but you can kind of see the seam a little bit. I’ve been using a steam iron on it for a good while and the seam, while you can just only barely see it, is still visible. This is my first sweater and I’m really really extremely please with it, but if this seam remains visible, I feel like it’s going to ruin the whole sweater. Any tips for what I should do?

You could try going back through and gently tightening the seam a bit. Start at the point where you began the kitchener and gently tug the yarn along the length of the seam so that it blends in with the yarn around it. Sometimes the seam appears visible because the stitches in the seam are slightly larger than the ones around it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]You are probably the only one that will ever notice it. I have the same thing on the sweater I’m knitting and am hoping that a multitude of sins will come out in the wash. And lastly, I guess all my grandson’s teachers will automatically ask him who hand knit the sweater for him!:lol:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]