King Cole Pattern.

Hi Guys, I’m a newbie so be kind please! Can’t figure out an instruction on the above named pattern and am beginning to lose hope. Having just knit the cardigan pocket linings (2), the pattern starts: LEFT FRONT. Using 3.25mm needles cast on 44(ect) stitches and work 7 rows in st-st. (ok so far!)
Next Row; (Turn Row) Knit.
Work 7 rows in st-st.
Next Row; Purl to end inc…
I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with the (Turn Row) because the following row is ;
Change to 4mm needles and proceed as follows…
Can anyone give me advice please? Would be much appreciated.
Thanks.:wink:

Hi and welcome!
The turning row is going to help create the hem on this sweater. If you work 7 rows in stockinette the 7th row will be a knit row. Knitting the next row will create purl bumps on the outer or public side of the hem. It’ll also help form a crease or fold in the knitting at the edge of the hem.
https://us.deramores.com/products/cardigan-and-sweater-knitted-in-king-cole-luxury-merino-dk-4931
You can see the edge purl bumps in the photo of the sweater.

Thank you! Seems so simple when you explain it. :roll_eyes: I actually can’t see the line on the cardigan, but maybe my glasses need to be upgraded!:blush:

They’re easier to see on the blue than the red, but it does help to know what you’re looking for. Once you’ve done it you’ll probably be able to see the ones in the picture. :wink: