KH Monthly Challenge: October

Hey check me out! I’m 2 hours EARLY this month!!! :slight_smile:

October’s challenge: Knit something round.

Here are some Octobery things you can knit that are round:

1. A pumpkin (duh)
  2. A boob (October is breast cancer awareness month)… (kk i know you’re doing this one)
  3. A ball (in celebration of the first world series in 1903)
  4. A hat-- learn to knit in the round! Make it a pumpkin hat, witches hat or a mickey mouse hat (the mickey mouse club premiered in october 1955)
  5. A big 'ole [size=6]O[/size] for “OJ” (found not guilty on Oct. 2, 1995), “Onassis” (Jackie K married Aristotle Onassis on Oct 20, 1968), or Opal (october birthstone). Check out “knitting over the ege” for some nifty icord rings that could be Os!

Remember, you don’t have to start a new project to join in the challenge! Happy Knitting!

don’t u mean 2 DAYS early???

Poor Hildie… ~hugs~ :roflhard:

not great coloring in pic, but it is alas a Boob, one of two that will finish last years project.

There it is again…LOL!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: The 3rd thread that I’ve opened today…boobs… :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I’m afraid of the attack of the big boob :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Okay, now that I have composed myself I can type again. This month I can finally play along :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I’m in the process of knitting the hat to match my Dulaan Scarf now. Altho it doesn’t have one of the other themes, it is a hat with a double cable border, then will pu sts for the hat after the cable border (which is the replica of the scarf) is grafted together. I am using knitpicks ‘color your own’ fingering wt yarn in the natural color on size 2 needles.
Here is a picture of the hat band on needles by the scarf blocking.

In case the big boob attacks you here’s your weapon:

:shock:

:roflhard: Ingrid, WHERE did you gind THAT?? :roflhard:

Years ago there was a Woody Allen movie “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask” In it, there was a giant boob attacking people, that they captured with a giant bra.

I just googled giant bra. (I wanted a pic of the boob from the movie, but it’s probably too old) :roflhard: I just realized how that could sound–the boob got too old and now it just drapes on the ground. :roflhard:

Ingrid…now I’m really going to FEAR the giant boob…LOL :roflhard: :roflhard: Will this also catch the KK’s elephant with the giant boobs?! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Thanks Hilde! I decided to knit some boobs for my lactation consultant, midwife and a breast obsessed friend before my Dec due date! But the yarn I purchased for the projects were um, a little too fuzzy! Hairy is not very feminine. :slight_smile: HEH I was just starting to get discouraged and feeling like the boobs were not going to bloom. But Im on fire again! I’m in! I’m making my own pattern, from a baby hat and using the same kind of decrease found on the Gnomey Hat. :slight_smile: Thanks now I have a challenge.

Candace

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Hope very soon to be finished my booby scarf. Yes, I’m making them with the nipples. As pixy’s philosophy goes with hairyness, mine goes with nipples - boobies must have nipples.

I’m with ya, if your gona go through the trouble of making it lboobesq you might as well go all the way.

And for the record, hairyness can be very feminine. I meant I dont think its feminine on boobs. Its just a personal thing of mine.

Kelly, it took me a second to think of a really good breast adjective just for your enjoyment. heh

Hmm, maybe I should talk about knitting. heh

So lets talk about the other side of the boob, the bottom. Im thinking there are three different ways to “close” the breast. You can close it in circles (that looks hard, is it?), or you can close it by knitting a seperate st st square and then “grafting” it on the bottom, and I had another idea, but have lost it, anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

BOOBESQUE! I LOVE IT!! :cheering:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:[/quote]

Sounds like the diary of an 11-year-old girl!!

I won’t be making my booby scarf anymore. I ran out of yarn even though my guage was right and I had the correct amount of yarnage. I’ll take some pics before I rip it though.

I wonder if the addition of the nipples threw your gauge off?

Candace

She had nipples on hers, so I wouldn’t imagine that it would. Besides, I’m “really” short of yarn (like a foot short) and I made my nipples smaller.

the case of the shrinking nipples…

Imagine if someone clicked on this site and this was the first thread they read? :shock: I don’t think they’d really believe its all about knitting! :rofling: