KH Monthly Challenge: May

Made you look! :smiley:

:roflhard: Yes, yes, you did!! :fingerwag:

:roflhard: I looked too :doh:

:fingerwag: :fingerwag: :frowning: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:?? :shock: :rollseyes:

Kind of like waiting for the new Knitty!

But at least with Knitty, you know what the basic theme of the issue is beforehand!!! :wink:

:fingerwag: SHAME on u…LOL :roflhard: :rofling:

You tricked me too!!! :shock: I was like “oh cool! … oh., wait, that’s my job!” :doh:

Last May, the challenge was to knit a flower, so I didn’t think I could do that again. SOOOOO, in honor of TWO fabulous events in May, you have TWO challenges this month.

May 1st is the Pagan holiday (Sabbat) of Beltane, celebrating the Sun and Fertility (have you seen a maypole? what do YOU think it looks like???) No, I don’t want you to knit a willie warmer, I want you to knit something in SUN colors… red, orange, yellow, pink, lavender, etc. Conversely, knit a sun, or something reminiscent of a sun. It can be ANYTHING (even a willie warmer, or other “fertile” icon), but use sunny colors :slight_smile:

Second challenge. Where I was an undergraduate, Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, May 1st was a “special” holiday. Unrelated to May Day, Beltane, Labor Day, etc, May 1st has been celebrated as NAKED DAY for decades. Some professors didn’t allow nudity in the classes, but some didn’t care… so it was lots of naked men and topless women running around until 11:59 when the public saftey people started preparing to write indecent exposure tickets :shock: Your second challenge??? Knit Knaked!! (no, you don’t need to send us a picture, we’ll believe you).

Happy (naked) Knitting!!!

That is insane Hilde! :shock: If I were a professor I would make that a coast day. Way too much distraction. Whew.

By the way. There is a third very important holiday in May. My Birthday. So you know.

:rollseyes: :roflhard:
I will have to see what I can do with this :thinking:

Well, my birthday is in May too!!! :balloon: … but I didn’t want people to feel like they had to knit just for me*

[size=2]*even though they can and should![/size]

May is an awesome month! :cheering:

Knitting nekkid, eh? I Think my husband would enjoy that way too much. I’ll have to wait until he goes to work, LOL!

~danielle~

:smiley: Yeah, baby…I’m knittin’ nekkid now :roflhard: :rofling: May is my baby’s 21st bday & my anniversary of wedded bliss to the best husband in the world :wink:

Thanks Hildie! I literally just cast on last night using this!
I’m making Childhood How perfect!

Happy Birthday Hildie… whenever it is! Mine is the 15th, my son’s is today! Yeah! He is five!!

I might join in on this KAL. It would be my first month to do so. :oops:

I think May rocks too! My birthday is also the 15th! I take the day off work, so perhaps this year I will knit knaked too!
:shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Ok…#2 - done. Didn’t need a KAL (or any prompting at all for that matter), but nice to cross it off the To Do list any way.

And for #1, I’m going to finish up this cardi for my 4 year old THIS month. It’s only right - it’s been on the needles and neglected for too long.

I’m the 13th! May rules!

Mine’s the 14th!!!
:happydance:

jamadian75, are you our first Knekkid Knitter???