KH Monthly Challenge: April

My FO and WIP work for this KAL! Yay! :chhering: I made a bunny, out of less than a quarter of one skein, and 2 yards of another skein, AND I am working on a mary poppins scarf that will use the entire skein of 525 yards :slight_smile: That’s a biiiiiiiiiig skein of yarn!

Pics are here!

I couldn’t resist. I had to make an egg last night. It used only a small bit of a skein I found in the statsh. Thinking back, I probably used close to the same yardage of yarn scraps to stuff it as I did yarn to knit it! Now I just need to find time to make a few more (and possibly a bunny) before Sunday…

:XX: :XX: :XX:

make a bunny make a bunny! they’re so quick and easy!

It’s not the time or difficulty I’m worried about - its the stuffing! I don’t have many yarn scraps left and no fiberfill, so I will have to either get creative or go to the store.

:figureditout: Fabric scraps! I have lots of fabric scraps! :happydance: Guess I’ll cast on for a bunny after work. :smiley:

yay!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

If you haven’t found one already, I have a camera sock on my website that I did up for my digicam.

[size=2]Editted to add link to pattern.[/size]

Thanks, Nicole!! I love it! I’ll definitely knit one ASAP. :smiley:

You’re welcome. I did it in less than an evening, and that was before I was used to making socks! It was actually the second “sock” I ever made! I’m thinking about doing it again in wool and felting it for my new cell phone that DH bought me.

How about cotton balls?

I made an egg today…it’s felted now, but this is what it looked like before:

It’s actually a cover for one of those shakey-egg things, you know, the little percussion instruments? I sewed it right in and was shocked that I was able to hand felt it and put it in the dryer and it wasn’t damaged at all! :smiley:

I’d like to see it felted, Julie!

This may be a day late and a penny short… but I’ve used socks as stuffing for projects before. I have a draft dodger that I designed that must have used up at least a grocery bag full of stray socks. Environmentally friendly and very washable! :wink: :thumbsup:

ETA: Nancy’s blog link
[color=darkblue]Here are my FO’s for this KAL - I’m so tickled I actually have something to participate here. I made 2 seed stitch wash cloths, one for each of my friend’s little boys. She’s an [/color][color=darkred]awesome seamstress[/color], [color=darkblue]and so we commission each other for gifts. These were an easy one evening project that will be on their guest bed as a surprise when they come over tonight.

I could get used to this “mini” project mode…
[/color]

[color=darkblue]Stats:
Peaches & Cream 100 % Cotton Yarn
Needles: Size 10 1/2
No guage or specific dimensions - I CO 19 sts and kept knitting until it looked like a good size[/color][color=darkred][/color]

I finished the mini-purse the other day. I still have to add the draw string and I am debating on adding tassles. Hopefully I’ll get the chance to take a picture of it tomorrow.

Yay! I’m glad everyone is into the minis :slight_smile:

May will be something small, too. I was thinking “may flowers”?

My project is done, a little felted kuryeon purse. I’m hoping to get my film developed and post a picture here. I like this thread! It’s fun to think up small projects that can squeeze in among my many other ones. And it’s fun to see what others are doing. samm

Here’s my “little” projects for this month’s KAL. I made five of these little easter bunnies with different leftover yarn I had. Made them for my DDs and my three nephews. Also had some cotton yarn from a purchase I made on EBAY with some other yarn. Had no idea what I would do with it at the time, but they made really nice dishclothes. I made one for myself and two each for my mom and sister that I gave them as easter presents. I tied them up pretty with some ribbon and they made really nice gifts. I hesitated at first whether to make dishcloths, but they are great, I can’t wait to make some more up for myself!

Oops, forgot to post this…here’s my egg, felted:

:smiley:

Awwwwwwww … I love the Eggs!!! I have to make some of these for next year. Beautiful!

The bunnies are so adorable, too, and everyone else’s little projects. I didn’t get to participate in this one. Too many other [size=6]BIG[/size] things to work on!! :lol:

Off to look for May’s KAL? :cheering:

I’ll post a picture later, but I managed to make it in for the month of April. I had a ball of Patons Classic Merino hanging around, and I turned part of it into a felted coaster for my DHs desk. I’m going to use the rest of the ball to make him a felted pen cup that someone posted here.