KFB Help

I’ve watched the video a dozen times and tried it for 3 nights now and I still can’t get it!

I’m making the Potato Chip Scarf using Paton’s Twister. I’m using Size 11 needles as suggested by the yarn.

I’m trying to do the KFB and I CANNOT get my needle into the 2nd loop. If I do, I can’t get the stitch over to the right needle. Does this make any sense? Am I doing something wrong?

TIA!

Kelly

Are you knitting too tight? That’s the only thing that comes to mind right now…

Yep, that was my first thought - the stitches are too tight.

sue

Argh…that’s what I was thinking. I was REALLY hoping it was something easier to correct. I really don’t want to rip it out. It’s a gift that I need to finish in a week…I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks for your help!

Kelly

You could just go back a row, not rip it out entirely.

sue

If you haven’t already ripped it all out…

You could try knitting a row really loosely with a size or two smaller needle…and then go back to your regular size needle. That might make it a bit easier to get in the front & back.

Good Luck!

Diane

If the OP is already a tight knitter, I’d recommend the opposite–knit a row or two with a needle one or two sizers larger.

I just decided to M1 instead. I don’t know if it’ll still turn out like the pattern, but it’s for a 3-year-old. I just got the yarn really cheap and it spoke her name. I’ll try KFB with more stretchy yarn (I think I have already actually). I think it’s a combo of the yarn, big needles and my tightness that’s making it so hard. I hate frogging a whole row. I never can get my needle back in right and always drop a few stitches. Oh well. Thanks agaiin!!

Kelly