Katia Stella lace knit graph mystery!

I’m going crazy!

I am attempting to knit using the Katia Stella scarf lace knit pattern and it simply makes no sense. I cast on 75 stitches and no matter how I do the first row I end up with two stitches spare. I have started it seven times now and I can’t get it!

Please ignore the censored pattern, I blacked out the translations so I could read it easier. Also ignore the x5, it should read x4!

Is the U a yarn over and the inverted V a k2tog or ssk?
If so then there is an edge st, 6sts before the repeat on row 1, a 12stitch repeat, 7sts after the repeat and finally another edge stitch. That would be 75sts cast on.
It may help to place markers between the repeats to make sure you stay with the correct stitch number.

Looking at the chart, you have 7 sts. before the 12 stitch repeat section and 8 sts. after it.
5 repeats is 60 sts. plus the 15 sts. either side adds up to 75.
Are you forgetting the 2 edge sts (+) perhaps?

1 Like

I’m definitely doing the edge stitches. I thought the repeat was 14 stitches (k, yo, k3, k2 tog, k, slip k psso, k3, yo) ?? This is what is confusing me

Yes, you’ve written out the repeat correctly but the repeat is only 12 sts. Remember that a yarn over doesn’t use a stitch. Just bring the yarn to the front between the needles, then over the right needle to the back. That’s it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I assumed I had to do a stitch after the yarn over as part of it. Thanks for your help!