K2p2

When I do this, will I have two bumps on front, then two v’s on front? It looks weird, just making sure.

Thanks.

That is what it should look like. The v’s are the knit stitches and bumps are the purls. When you turn your work, knit the knits and purl the purls. The pattern of ribbing will start showing properly after several rows.

ok thanks. Is there a video on this anywhere? I’ve been trying to find one to kinda compare to make sure before I get too far along. THanks for replying.

There are videos here.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

It begins to look a lot more like it’s supposed to look after you’ve knitted for a few inches.

It has!!! YAY! I am so excited!!! . When it tells me to change to smaller needles, do I justknit the last row off of the the needles I am on, onto the smaller size?

TIA.

Yes, whenever you need to change needle sizes just knit from the old size needle onto the new size and you’re good to go!!!

Great thing about interchangable needles is you just change the tips to the new size.

(Once I made the mistake of only changing one needle, so I had a sleeve knit on size 7 on the right side rows and size 5 on the wrong side rows. I was all :doh: :wall: :doh: :wall: , but I made sure I did the second sleeve EXACTLY the same way so they matched, and no-one could tell.) :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Happy Knitting!

Mary

Thanks Mary! YAY! I think I am FINALLY getting this stuff! LOL, and thanks for your story!! Makes me feel a LOT better lol, I can’t wait to finish this so I can post pictures lol