K2B help

I am working on a monkey hat pattern. The main color of the hat is brown with grey for a the face and a line of brown in the middle for the mouth. Im having a problem with the mouth.
Here’s the instructions:
Cast on 11 with B
Row 1: knit
Row 2 (inc): kfb, k9, kfb (13sts)
Row 3: knit
Row 4 (inc): kfb, k11, kfb (15sts)
Row 5: K2B, join in A and k11 A, K2B
Row 6: K2B, k11 A, K2B
Continue in B

I’m stuck on line 5. The line before is an increase, so I’m not sure where to put the needle in. I watched a video on YouTube, but it started with a knit stitch, then k2b.

I’m pretty new to knitting, so any help is welcome :slight_smile:
Thanks
Dani

Does the pattern give any directions for K2B either at the very beginning of the pattern or at the end?
This is kind of an odd stitch but I suppose it’s meant to stretch the edge stitch at each end. I tried it and went into the hole nearest the edge, 2 rows below, pulled through a loop and knit it together through the back loop with the stitch on the left needle. It gets even more difficult to figure out where to insert the needle on the following row but I think you just have to make a guess and try it.

I’m reading K2B, in this context, as K2 (in yarn) B and then change to yarn A, so 2 stitches in B, 11 stitches in A and 2 stitches in B = 15 stitches.

I think that’s it exactly. Thanks, Julie.

Thanks for the help. I’m going to give it a shot and see what works!