K1, yo, k1 in the same stitch

A shawl pattern I’d like to try calls for an increase that I’m not familiar with: k1, yo, k1 in the same stitch. I cast on a few test stitches to see if I could figure it out, but I’m not sure I’m doing it right. The best I could come up with is to knit the stitch, pull the right needle through (as if I were going to kfb) without removing the stitch from the left needle, wrap the yarn, then insert the right needle again and knit.

I’m not sure I’m describing it properly. Anyone familiar with this increase? Thanks.

Here’s the pattern for referencehttp://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/shawlclovestitch.htm

I think you’ve got it right. Knit into the st, leaving it on the L needle, wrap the yarn around the needle and knit into the stitch again. You don’t knit into the back leg on the second stitch.

that is a funny increase. I like it.
yup, I agree: knit the front of the stitch both times with the yo in the middle of that.

Thanks! I’m gonna give it a go.

ooooh…:cool: …be sure to let us know how it works out.

I use this stich a lot. yes, you knit as normal, without slipping the stitch off the needle; yarnover, then knit the same stitch normally again. the result appears to be three consecutive knit stiches into the same stitch.

thanks for the info. I yet have to try it but it sounds good!