K1, *s1, k1, psso but before dropping... CAN YOU HELP!

the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it*. I am making the My So Called Scarf and can’t seem to understand this first row. Does this mean I slip the stitch onto my right needle and then knit into the back of the next stitch, or knit into the back of the one that will be slipped? Thanks all!

You will slip the stitch to the right needle and then knit 1, and then when you go to pass the slipped stitch over you will be lifting it over with your left needle tip. While that slipped stitch is still on the left needle tip, before dropping it off, you will knit into the back of it. Does that help?

Yes, it does. So I will knit into the back of that stitch while it’s on the left needle and knit it with the right needle, looping the yarn in my right hand counterclockwise into the stitch like a regular knit stitch??

Here’s a trick that makes it so much easier, with the exact same result.

K1, sl 1, k1, yo (bring the yarn to the front and then back over the top of the needle), then pass the slipped stitch over the knit stitch and the yo k1

I’m think this is the same stitch that I’m having a problem with. My pattern calls for
SKP: Slip 1, k1, pass slipped st over.

From what I understand of the previous conversation is that one stitch is slipped from left needle to right. Then knit next st as regular. Now I go back to the slipped st (which is now the 2nd st from the end of the right needle?) and bring that one over to the left needle (kind of like when c.o).

Is this close to what I actually have to do? Thanks so much for your patience. This is probably what was already said, but I just wanted to make sure I visualized it correctly.

You’ve almost got it… the 2nd st in that you slipped without knitting does not go back to the left needle, but is just slipped over the end stitch. Then carry on with the next instructions.

sue

Sue, you are a gem!! :muah:

Thank you so much. Now hoping this will be my first successful sock project.