K the k sts and P the p sts?

Hi All!!!
I am working on a sampler throw and have come across the phrase “k the k sts and p the p sts”.
I think that this means if I were to be knitting across a new row with this phrase in it, if the next stitch to be completed is is flat (no bump showing), then I am to knit it.
Conversely, if another stitch I am looking at has a “bump” then I am to purl it?
If this is incorrect please let me know?
The reason I am want to get it right is that there are 3 more blocks to be knit after this block that connect right together as I go along.
I’d like to, if possible, avoid a terrible crying jag later…ha ha!
Thanks All! :muah:
Theresa

yes, if it is the V stitch when you are LOOKING at it, you knit it, and if it is a bump when you are looking at it you purl it.

(don’t even ask how long it took for me to wrap my head around this concept… waaaay over thinking on my part! :wink: )

[quote=brendajos;891726]yes, if it is the V stitch when you are LOOKING at it, you knit it, and if it is a bump when you are looking at it you purl it.[quote]

I know in one of Amy’s videos (I think the stockingette stitch one) she describes it as knit stitches are wearing a scarf (with the ends hanging down in front) and the purl stitches are wearing nooses! :shock: That’s what helps me remember which is which!

Amy in AZ

[B][COLOR=“Navy”]
The best way I remember is this:

If the stitch is wearing a scarf, YOU KNIT A SCARF, A NOOSE YOU PURL.

It just seems easier that way for ME.

Becasue you knit a scarf.

[/COLOR][/B]