Just lookin' for gusset reassurance

[color=green]Okay this is where I am right now… This is the pattern I am doing[/color]

»The beginning of the round is now at the centre of the heel. There should be 21 stitches on the first needle, the 30 stitches of the instep on the second, and 21 on the third. Rearrange the needles if you need to.
» Decrease Gusset:
»Work a round even.
Work a decrease round as follows:
»Needle 2: Knit all stitches.
»Needle 3: K1, ssk, knit to end.
»Alternate even rounds and decrease rounds until Needles 1 and 3 each have 15 stitches.

[color=green]The problem I am having a the moment is that the instruction for Needle 1 appears to be missing. If my memory serves correctly the decrease SHOULD be to knit until 3 stitches from the end, K2tog, k1 right?[/color] :??

Yep, exactly.

You’re right on track. That’s a really cute pattern!! Which version are you making??

i am making the geisha socks…i have been wanting to for a long time but didn’t want to give up socks on two circs…i couldn’t figure out how to do the gusset though…couldn’t wrap my head around the placement of the gusset…so i gave up. I finally decided i can do the sock on two circs and just switch to DPNs for the gusset portion. :teehee:

Those are too cute, bren!
As for the gusset on 2 circs, you have to rearrange your sts so that you have 1/2 of the sts from mid heel to mid instep on one needle and the other 1/2 on the other…does this make sense?

lol yes it does until i start looking at it and really thinking about it. i have to get out the “socks soar…” book and really sit and figure it out…i think after i have done a couple of pairs from there I will be able to get it!

I was exactly the same way, until I watched a video and that helped me a great deal! Don’t know what the deal was, I just had to “see” it in action before it clicked. LOL, I watched it for about 30 seconds then said…ahhh, that makes perfect sense!

yup yup…but for right now i am okay with switching back and forth between circs and DPNs…lol

:yay: YAYYY for Brendajos on getting a gusset done… now I’ll give ya one of these :woot: when its all done cause I know YOU :rofl: :roflhard:

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? :whistle: