Just a complaint!!!

Hi everyone!!

I wanted to complain about yarn companies (a real famous one) that sell skeins with 2 or 3 knots right at the beginning of the skein!!! What’s up with that? I lost about 10 yards from this skein because I had to cut all the knots off. I don’t like knots in my cast on and the first row so that’s why I had to cut it all off instead of making new knots. Wish the knots were in the middle instead of the beginning!! It’s super frustrating!!!

Anyway. Anyone else got any gripes about stuff???

Knitcindy

3 Likes

I think nobody like knots in their yarn, but what I find even more disturbing is when there are knots in self-striping yarns. When I knit with self-striping yarn a pair of socks or mittens I usually make effort that both in the pair are identical (which means wasting a lot of yarn when beginning the second one). Imagine then finding a knot when working the second one and the yarn after the knot does not match the pattern. This happened once when I was knitting a pair of socks for the son of my sister in law. I am never buying that brand again.

1 Like

I rarely have that problem, but it is annoying!
My gripe? I wish yarn weights could be more consistent. For my 12th scale projects I want 2 ply lace (Jamieson & Smith 2 ply lace weight and Sirdar Snuggly 2 ply are both perfect for what I want to do, though I’d like more colours and the Sirdar seems to have been discontinued…). Have bought a range of 2 ply lace yarns to try, most are too thin using one strand but too thick with two lol.

1 Like

I have also noticed that there is a big variation among yarns with the same weight!! Some #4’s are thicker than others. Can get annoying!!

Knitcindy

1 Like

I take it back … return … etc… for refund

1 Like

Ugh, I have this happen all the time. It’s super annoying. If it’s in the middle of the skein, I just cut it, cut the knot off and bind it on like I’m changing yarn, but it is a pain. :unamused:

2 Likes

Well my complaint is about self striping yarn being such poor quality that I used 7 balls for a pattern that required 3, and still had major problems finding lengths clean enough to knit with.
The sweater I made was 2 piece, back and sleeves made in one piece, and front and sleeves in the second piece. The back is beautiful, bright and clear and has only one join where I added a second ball. The front though has hundreds of joins and terrible tension as a result. Just awful.
Refunds don’t feel as helpful as they should when you’re half way through a piece and fighting on to finish it.

I will add though, I’m grateful to the companies who are still able to send out orders during our lockdown so that I’ve been able to take up knitting to get through the days x

2 Likes

Name the yarn co. There should not be ANY knots in a skein! My complaint is not being able to find the end of thevyarn. I spent over an hour trying to find the start in the middle of a skiing and finally pulled out a huge knot of yarn. That should not happen!

1 Like

It was the Lion Brand company. One of their Pound of Love skeins.

Knitcindy

Yep, Lion Brand here too.