June 2019 Whatcha' Knitting?

What have you got planned for summer knitting at the lake or backyard? If you’re headed for winter where you are, what’s your latest knitting project?

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_img_1650

I love it!

This is so cute, I love the choice of colors and the heart design.
This will be the project that I will try on this month, or maybe a cover to heated pet beds as it is easier than this one.

knitting

So beautiful and so much fun to work!

Baby blanket

I love everything about this baby blanket: lace pattern, divine color and beautifully worked.
What is the name of your pattern please?

Leafy baby blanket, free on Ravelry. I’m making it larger (should be approximately 36 x 32) by doing 8 pattern repeats instead of 6.

I am using up left over yarns from the afghans I knitted last year. I am knitting mittens for the incoming kinder garden kids at the school behind me. So far I have made 31 pairs in the various colors I had left over.

Mine is an Aran cardigan - back and both fronts done now about a third of the way up the sleeves, but sleeves are all moss stitch which I HATE! Why did I pick this cardigan? It was meant to be finished before the end of winter/spring but the weather here in Devon is so bad right now I may still need it for the coming months. I also did an Entrelac workshop on Tuesday at our local knitting shop - Wool On The Exe - a fabulous shop, and if you’re visiting Exeter and need some supplies… so I am concentrating more on my Entrelac Scarf right now, and then I have the wool and pattern for a beautiful Fair Isle jumper (thanks again to Wool On The Exe for great Fair Isle course) which I need to get done before the start of next winter. I think I need to give up work just to find time to knit all the projects I have patterns for. I will post a pic of the cardigan, in it’s unfinished state, tomorrow as I’m in bed now and the knitting is tucked away downstairs.

I’ve just finished this little sweater and hat for a friend’s coming baby. It’s a pattern called Fin knit in Valley Yarns Superwash DK.
IMG_1739