July 2017 What'cha Knitting?

Months just flying by. Happy 4th to those of us in the US! Let’s see what you’re knitting now.

I actually have a few projects that I am working on all at once. I am working on a new dog sweater for my dog, a baby combo and a jacket, skirt and pants for a toddler… I am sure I will find one or two more things to work on in between. I prefer to work on more than one item cause I find that I do not get bored with the repetition of a pattern this way

These are the first two coasters in a coaster set I am making as a holiday gift.

That is beautiful.

Same hat I was working on a month ago. Almost the same spot except I had a long Dr’s office wait once.

That is absolutely beautiful!!! What is it and where can I get the pattern???

I am working on the following:

A wedding afghan (over halfway done)
A baby blanket (1/3 done)
A prayer blanket/lap robe (1/3 done)

Knitcindy

I am the same way, I have three projects I am working on.
2 scarf’s
1 shawls
1 crochet baby jacket

Aren’t we all little beavers :smile:

I’m a beginner. I’m working on a sweater kit that I bought from We Are Knitters. So far, it’s not the greatest work, but we’ve all got to start somewhere!

I am sure you will do just fine. Post a picture when you finish it :smile:

It’s a baby blanket. I’m kind of making up the pattern as I go along. It’s worked double-stranded. I started with 6 stitches in a circular cast on, increased to 12 on the first round, knit the next and then increased again to 18. Every 3rd row after that I added 12 stitches to the round. I’ve got 6 repeats so it should end up as a hexagon shape. I changed out one strand every 12 rows to get the color progression. I’ve gotten to the bind off row and decided to do an I-cord bind off. I’m almost 1/2 done with this last bit. I’ll post a pic when I get it pinned for blocking.

Looking forward to seeing it

Speaking of multiple projects at once- me too. I get bored working on the same thing day after day, so I break up projects to prevent repetition boredom. I’ll have needlework too, or some quick crochet things in between doing a pair of socks or something.

Wow I posted a couple of days ago that I was working on three projects at once I have now included a fourth project. I like WhampudKitty work on needlework and a paint by number set. These projects along with everyday activities sure does not give me time to be bored. :grinning:

I have to admit that I have actually done two projects while I still had one unfinished. That’s a first! After many failed attempts at getting a border on the dish towel, I put it away while I made the baby blankets. The last attempt came out great until I realized that I had trapped the second strand needed for Kitchener stitch inside the border while putting around the back of it with the first strand. I grabbed the wrong strand to pull it out and tightened up all the stitches on the front instead of pulling out the loose strand. Today I think I will start over on the same style of border and make sure I don’t make the same mistake again.

DvArghh, good for you for sticking with this and working out the method for the next one.

Double knitting is an awesome technique, but sometimes it can be a pain in the butt! So this afternoon I’ll be starting attempt #4.

Here is the completed blanket pinned out for blocking.