Joining yarn while knitting in the round

Hi,
So I’m currently working on the Ribs and Lace Tank from Interwearve Knits (Spring 2007). I’m getting close to the end of my first skein, and now I’m wondering how and where I should join in the next skein. I want to do the join so it will be on the inside of the tank, but, I’m not really sure where the inside is… (Yes, slightly retarded lately… :lol:). So, ummm… yeah… does anyone know, or know how I figure it out? I don’t see anything in the pattern stating which is the wrong side or right side or anything…

If you’re knitting in the round, the outside [I]should[/I] be the right side.

I usually join yarn at the marker at the beginning of the round.

Thank you! Can’t you tell I’m new to this knitting in the round thing… :rofling:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]:waving: If using the same color yarn, I generally use a Russian Join http://www.geocities.com/mama_bear_007/Russian_Join.html [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Although it seems bulky when you’re knitting it, it’s really hard to find once you’ve finished the project. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]If I were going to plan the joining of a new yarn in a specific place for a top, I’d do it under the arms. ;-)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks so much! I think I got it all worked out, and now I’m on my second skein, and still going. Hopefully it all works out well!