Joining in the round

Hi everyone,
what tips do you all have regarding joining in the round? I have tried just knitting. I also have tried slipping from left needle to right and slipping over that stitch right to left…alas my stitches seem way too loose leaving an unsightly gap…looking for solutions…thanks Holly

Thisis a link to Shandeh’s video. It’s really good!

I prefer to have one add’l st so that I K2tog at the join and haven’t had issues with gaps or looseness. I personally don’t like ‘slip st right, slip st left.’

cam

I put on one extra stitch and then when I join I move the last stitch to the beginning of the line and then knit 2 together to begin the round.

I do what cam and merigold do - CO an extra and knit it together with the first stitch either at the beginning of the round or at the end.

I got THE BEST answer to this question from “Of Troy” a while back. Here is a link to the post:

http://forum.knittinghelp.com/t/loose-first-stitch?t=79736

I hope that link works. I have tried all of these suggestions and they are all great!

Good luck!

Hi everyone…just wanted to say a big thank you to all for the advice given on joining in the round :cheering: I will try casting on one additional stitch! Thanks again so much! Holly