Join the KH Bloggers WebRing

I’ve noticed that there are many of us who have blogs outside of KH (ie Blogger, TypePad, Blogspirit, etc). In an effort to help us become even more connected, I have started a webring so that we can hop from member blog to member blog.

You do not have to have a blog to read those in the ring, you only have to have one to be a member of the ring.

Here are the rules if you want to play along. You must:
[ul]

1. Be a member of the Knitting Help forums - Include your KH name in your application so I can verify this. If I can’t verify it, your blog will not be added.

2. Have a knitting blog (ie - Blogger, TypePad, Yahoo360, whatever) - this does not include your blog thread on KH.

3. Update your blog regularly (please, at least once a month)

4. You have one week to get the ring code up and running on your blog. If not you will need to reapply when you’re ready.

5. Have your KH name posted somewhere on the main page of your blog - just so we know who you match up with if your blog posting name is different. It’s preferable to have it near your ring display.
    [/ul]

There are also some guidelines regarding content: While I have no desire to censor anyone, I do request that if you participate in this ring, play nicely. I reserve the right to remove your blog from the ring if other members find it overly offensive. Amy has been kind enough to support this effort, and I do not want our activity to negatively impact her website’s integrity.

This is all spelled out as well on the KH Blogger’s webring rally site: http://khbloggers.blogspot.com. Please go there to join.

[size=6]Please do not contact Amy with technical questions about the ring[/size] - the ring is my baby, so please contact me; info is on the main blog, or PM me here.

I really hope to see lots of you join us! I think it will be a great way to stay connected and get to know each other a little better.

-wendie/FG

Thanks for doing this Wendie! :cheering:

OK, i’ve never done an official blog…
I am so dense, I started one on blogger, but i can’t seem to comprehend how to get connected to y’all.
i have copied the code in that box, but i don’t know how/where to post it to.
:??

Edit: Ok, I think I may have it… I have a box on the side now that says KH Bloggers etc…
I hope I did it right. let me know…

Ok, what you’re going to need to do is log into Blogger, click on your blog name, and then click on I think “template” (somewhere in the editing area). Now, this is where it gets a little funky, especially if you don’t know a whole lot about html. Basically, you’re going to want to scroll way down in the code and look for something that says “sidebar” - then you’ll be in the general area. This is kind of hard to explain with out seeing it, so bear with me. Look for code that says something about sidebar and “Links”. This corresponds to the Links section on your blog. You can erase the links that are there and then paste in the ring code in that section. Does that make sense?

So, you’ll see a section that looks like this in your template:

<h2 class=“sidebar-title”>Links</h2>
<ul>
[li]Google News
[/li] [li]Edit-Me
[/li] [li]Edit-Me
[/li] [/list]

You can erase everything after the </h2> (this section only!) and paste in the ring code.

Try that, and if you’re still having problems, I can work with you to get it going. I use Blogger too, so I’m fairly familiar with how their templates are set up.

Hey, you got it Binky! I’ll be adding you shortly. Thanks for joining!

ROK ONN!
I’m such a haphazard computer person, I fumble through it and somehow figure it out! YAY ME!
:cheering:
Thanks FG!!!

I’m in.

And we’re glad to have you Tia! :cheering:

I created a new blogger… I need another blog for my knitting :lol:

I’ll be joining shortly :slight_smile:

I recently created a blog on Blogger, but I’m renewing my domain. :cheering: So I’m going to wait on this, in case I decide to set up my blog on my domain.

I’m a bit techno-challenged. :frowning: I’ll have to have my dh help me with getting the ring code onto my site. Of course, he’s not home right now… :doh:

Dang it!

Thanks FG! I am in as well :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

This is such a great idea Wendy, thank you for doing this!!! :cheering:

We’ll be able to easily see all web ring member’s blogs at a glance. And we’ll be able to scroll through blogs easily. So neat!!

…Sheldon and I have made a pretty graphic for y’all to use in your off-site blogs. Here it is. Wendy will know what to do with it!

:roflhard: Of course, I couldn’t be without a button from the outset…so last night I made one with Amy’s lovely hands on it :wink:

Julie, that’s the spirit! :rofling:

That one looks great, actually, cool concept to use my hands! It never would have occured to me! …of course then you’d have to make two images, one for English and one for Continental. :roflhard:

You can forward blogger to publish on your domain.

:smiley:

I will be doing the same thing one day… LOL

I’ve joined and am just waiting for approval. I think this is such a cool idea!

i just joined as well! :cheering: Great idea!

I’m so happy to see all of you join! Since I have to wade through the emails and check everyone’s sites, please be patient. I will most likely have to wait until tonight after I get home from work to add the rest of you if your code checks out ok. Thanks!

I’m so excited to be a part of the ring! :happydance:

Now if I can just figure out how to get the button on there… [I did get the link on there with the code I was provided at approval, but I am so far button-challenged. I aspire to someday have as many buttons as Julie. :wink: ]