Join pocket opening with pocket lining

Hi, knitting my first adult sweater. Lion Brand wool-ease thick and quick Country Jacket # 10181. I am working on the left front. I have already done the Pocket slant shaping. I am confused on the join pocket opening with pocket lining.

You’re going to join the pocket lining to the sweater edge sts that are on the first holder and not to the sweater body sts at this point. The pattern is confusing here.
Join pocket opening with pocket lining: Next row (WS) P across pocket lining sts to last 2 sts, p 1 pocket lining st tog with 1 sweater edge st, keeping pocket lining st on top of body st rep from * to * with next st, then p across rem sweater body sts.

I can try to make a diagram of this if you think it might help.

Yes please a diagram I think will help. I don’t seem to be able to picture this in my head. Thank you so much for your help. I have looked on you tube and can’t find anything in English. Thanks so much again.

IMG_0985
In the diagram you’re knitting from the bottom up.

OK, NOW I see what I was doing wrong. Thank you so much. I will try this when I get home from work.

You did it! you got me past the hard part. Thank You again for your help. I can’t believe how happy I am to get past that pocket. LOL

Well done! Enjoy knitting the rest of the sweater.