January/February 2018 Whatcha' Knitting?

Love your color choices

1 Like

Thank you trisha54. I find the colour blends/choices to be the toughest aspect of fair isle, so I appreciate your comment!

This is going to be a gorgeous vest. Which method of holding the yarns are you using?

1 Like

My next project is to make something thay has color changes. I am terrible at changing colors in the middle of patterns. Maybe someday i can make something as beautiful as yours.

1 Like

Thank you, salmonmac. I use both hands when knitting, with the dominant colour in my right, iif I understand your question correctly!

1 Like

A pair of socks using Opal yarn; I was knitting a fisherman’s rib scarf but it went wrong (I find a lifeline with that stitch pattern is useless.) I ripped it out. :frowning:

I just finished crocheted afghans for my kids’ birthdays.

Sorry about the scarf. That sometimes happens. We’d love to see a photo of the afghans.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

Wonderful birthday presents, YarnFumes! So nicely crocheted in a beautiful stitch pattern.

1 Like

I have to agree with salmonmac !

1 Like

Is that really your stash Salmonmac!

So precious Jan.

More twiddlemuffs. I am named the happy twiddler. :slight_smile:

Ha! I should have explained the photo. It’s from an installation from the Venice Biennale.
I’m pretty much a no stash knitter.

1 Like

What beautiful things you make! Love the outfit and the blanket.

1 Like

What a beautiful Fair Isle vest! Also, love the colors.

How lovely! :):grinning:

Thank you poetknitter. It’s a great pattern, thanks for the comment on the colours, too.

1 Like

Thank you, you’re very kind. I thought the colours might be nice for a summer baby of either sex (still don’t know!!) but there’s a huge stack of girl/boy specific patterns and stash building in my spare room shh! don’t let himself know lol :joy:

1 Like