January 2020, Whatcha' Knitting?

2020, ready or not, a whole new year ahead of us. Tell us what you plan to knit or crochet in the coming days or let us have a peek at you latest knit or crochet project.

rsz_z-yarn-p1-2-jumbo

A very happy New Year to us all!

1 Like

Yesterday in the evening, while waiting for the new year I begun on another pair of socks. Now I have to decide upon what kind of heel I will use this time.

sockor2

2 Likes

Mittens! Lots of mittens!

Currently finishing up some fingerless ones I made for my sister as a (late) Xmas present (we actually celebrate 12 days of Xmas so it won’t be as bad as you might think but they still won’t make it by day 12 since I’ll have to mail them). :slight_smile: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 3.25mm dpns (which for me is giving just a tad over 6 sts per inch).

I designed them to match the headband I made her. The yarn is actually a bit redder than it looks on my screen–more of a heathered wine red with a bit of brown.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m finishing up a blanket for a late Christmas gift (I was VERY sick in bed with the flu for at least 2 weeks early Dec. So I got behind :weary::weary:). I’m almost done will post a picture when its complete. I also have 2 other blankets to make, 1 for our camp & 1 for the house. Then next are 2 throw rugs for our camp & a bath mat for the house. Busy, Busy, Busy

So many nice projects.
Engblom, the socks are going to be beautiful in the lovely yarn.
Knitster, cozy mitts which will be appreciated whenever.
Campinggirl, sorry to hear about the flu at one of the worst possible times. You are busy.

1 Like

I just finished the mitts earlier today. So for the full effect here they are with my wife as the hand model:

If I were to make them again I might do a couple things a little differently but they’ll still be super warm and functional and will be appreciated…

2 Likes

Just finished my first real stranded knitting project, Hidden River Hat by image image Meghan Kelly, free on Ravelry. I just started a baby hat using the same yarn, Malabrigo Rios: Purl Soho’s Tiny Stripes Hat pattern, also free.

4 Likes

Hubby’s sweater is finally finished. My first attempt at a shawl collar. I don’t think it’s turned out too badly.

3 Likes

A late reply, but proud of my first man’s sweater.
I started it on December 20 and finished on January 7.
I like how the neck looks and the union of the parts.

3 Likes

That is a great looking sweater. It so well knit and fits perfectly. Well done!