Jan's joined the 21'st Century!

Our friends used to live in California before they moved to Italy. They didn’t have A/C either but used some sort of water/fan cooler that would help cool off the house. I don’t remember what the exact name of them is but it helped them a little bit. Sorry to hear about the extreme heat your having to endure.

Jan, I hope you get some relief SOON! :pray:

It was about 7° cooler yesterday and I had high hopes for today. It’s cloudy out now, but the house is still warm and I can’t get it any cooler. I suspect were getting some of that cloudy stuff from Hurricane Jimena so it’s going to be humid. Lovely. :???:

Oh well, I’ll live. This too shall pass. :wink:

I’ll be glad when it DOES pass!

me too!

Isn’t September the traditional ‘hottest’ month, at least the first part, in So. California? I seem to remember that from my childhood.

Late August and September are usually the hottest and October can be hot with the Santa Ana winds.

I thought we were over this particular heat wave, but no luck. It was 97 yesterday and I couldn’t get the house any cooler than 76 this morning. Ugh. Oh well, it won’t last forever and I’m getting lots of knitting done! :thumbsup:

[color="#330099"]Roasted or Steamed?

:sad:

In other words is it low humidity or high humidity?

In northwestern Pennsylvania, August was the was the hottest month and February was the coldest.

It is no coincidence that I was born in Feb. You see, rare and exceedingly good natured people are only born when ---- freezes over. :slight_smile:

Crossed Fingers for cooler temps![/color]

You always make me laugh, Jack! :thumbsup:

:lol:
Roasted for the most part, but I’ve been lightly steamed a few days when a hurricane or TS blew up some tropical moisture. I know it’s worse when it’s humid, but 100+ is no picnic when it’s dry either. It’s just plain hot. It’s 89° now at 11am which means it’s likely to be near 100° again today. Goody. :doh:

At least it’s not too bad when I sit quietly and knit so something good is coming out of it. I’ve nearly got all my Six for Six projects done. :yay:

Is that a drinking game? One project per can in the six pack? :slight_smile:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: No. Definitely not. I don’t drink much and that would be a very bad idea.

It’s the Warm Woolies Six for Six Contest. Scroll down past the sheep pictures. I’ve had an issue with size on one of the vests I made though so I don’t know if it’ll be acceptable. I blocked it and it’s close now, but not perfect. Even if it doesn’t work for this contest it’ll make some little kid warm. :thumbsup:

:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:
Go Jan, GO!!!

I must be very used to the Houston heat by now because when our house gets below 80 degrees I have to go put on some pants. I used to be tough and be able to take the cold of South Dakota but now I’m a big whimp. Hand in there, Jan. It will cool off and you’ll be wishing for the warmth agian :teehee:

Oh I’m with you there, Brenda! When it gets under 70 I’m ready to break out the parka! :teehee: Okay, maybe not quite, but you know what I mean. I get cold easy. I just can’t take the heat anymore though. Fortunately I have good news at least for now! It’s down to reasonable temps! High today was 84 and it’s in the upper 60s at night! Wooooo! :yay: I’m sure the heat will be back soon, but for now I’m enjoying it.

:cheering:

:woohoo: for cool fronts. We too are experiencing a cool front and lots of rain. We need the rain as its been a dry, hot summer. In fact, last night I was able to turn off the bedroom A/C and listen to the rain as I fell asleep cloud9 How peaceful!

Well, we had cool for a week so now the weather gods have decided we need some more heat. :teehee: It’s 95 right now. I’ll survive and hopefully some lovely fall weather will be here in a couple months. :thumbsup:

I miss the pretty fall colors and the crips cool weather we experienced in South Dakota. Houston feels like it only has one season~Summer :teehee:

We’re just starting to get the “fall flavor” in the wind here in North Carolina. I love it when you can smell fall in the air. I wonder if the smell comes from a chemical reaction in the trees, getting ready to drop their leaves? :think:

I didn’t know fall also had a “smell”. Interesting! The season turns, but we don’t really get much autumn here. Our trees don’t drop their leaves completely till Dec. and sometimes they never drop them all and only a few types of trees get any color. It does get cooler of course by November thank goodness.