Jan, HunterJenn, Cate--take notice!

Okay you guys–I have to do this since you guys gave me such a hard time about the “Mercenized” cotton…

Remember how I said I thought the pattern said it that way??? Well, the pattern actually says to use Tahki Cotton Classic and I went to their website a few minutes ago to look up the yardage of that yarn (to reply to you on the KAL, Jan) and when I looked at that yarn…guess what it says???

Take a look for yourself by clicking here.

I love you guys but I just HAD to redeem myself a little… :oops:

:passedout: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I looked it up on dictionary.com and google just to see what they said… Google asked if I really meant mercerized and dictionary.com said there is no such word. :teehee: However… there were a lot of links with the incorrect spelling so you are not alone. :wink:

Now watch…someone will find a dictionary that says it IS a word. :roflhard:

I just couldn’t resist pointing it out…I know I’m sleep deprived w/ the baby here and all but I didn’t think I could be off by whole letters!!! :roflhard:

Hey, I didn’t doubt that you copied it correctly! It just said it wasn’t right. :oops: :teehee: I guess they can call their product whatever they want anyway, right?

:muah: Thanks for pointing that out, though. I’ve never had my name in a topic like that before. :roflhard:

No problem–someone once called me out too–it was kind of cool to find a whole thread just for me! LOL!

I know you guys were only picking at me and I’m sure they have it wrong–I just thought it was funny…

maybe the cotton isn’t really mercerized. maybe they are trying to say that they hire mercenaries to harvest the cotton and make the yarn. :rofl:

That’s funny Sandra…my dh said something similar!!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Silly Christy! Oh, man, that is bad, though. Just more proof that the world needs better editors!! :roll: :teehee:

:thumbsup: Nice. :teehee: :roflhard: